In Grade 6, instruction will focus on four critical areas:
- Connecting ratio and rate to whole number multiplication and division and using concepts of ratio and rate to solve problems;
- Completing understanding of division of fractions and extending the
notion of number to the system of rational numbers, which includes
- Writing, interpreting, and using expressions and equations; and
- Developing understanding of statistical thinking.
- Students will engage in mathematically rich investigations in the classroom, guided by the CMP2 curriculum.
- Students will have clear opportunities for enrichment and support in each unit of instruction
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in one of two
extra-curricular math clubs at the Upper Campus: one club will be
focused on supporting students with foundational content, and another
club will be focused on offering students enrichment opportunities
focused on problem solving and mathematical connections
- Students will engage in online activities, inside and outside of the
classroom, which will deepen their understanding of mathematics.
Learn more about the CPS Middle School Math program >>