Grade 6 Learning Objectives
- Students will learn different tactical approaches to games and sports, and how to apply them in a competitive situation.
- Students will learn exercises and activities from each of the five components of physical fitness.
- Students will learn about other countries and cultures by participating in games and sports from around the world
- Students will understand the importance of cooperation & communication in a group setting
Grade 7 Learning Objectives
- Students will learn the five components of physical fitness and be able to differentiate between them
- Students will learn how to provide feedback to others regarding performance of an activity
- Students will learn how to participate in individual and dual
activities that they can partake in outside of school to maintain a
Grade 8 Learning Objectives
- Students will learn how to evaluate their own fitness level and set fitness goals
- Students will learn how to take a leadership role in group or team activities
- Students will learn how to manage school with a healthy and active lifestyle
Scope and Sequence
grade will follow a scope and sequence. The unit names are categories.
The specific activities in each unit may vary. (ex. Creative movement
could include jump rope, dance, etc.)
||U.M.P.A.: Cooperative Games
|Fitness. Healthy Heart/Fit Body
||Fitness. Healthy Heart/Fit Body
||Field Games: Team Sports 2