What has the counseling team been up to this month? Here are some highlights for October:
- Over 50 students attended the Counselor Breakfast on October 7th. Students enjoyed baked goods and cider while spending time with the school counselors.
- Our 6th graders were introduced to an electronic biofeedback program that can help them learn to regulate their stress and improve coping skills. Mr. Perry is piloting this program with our sixth graders in their math classes.
- Ten eighth grade young women joined Ms. Wheeler on October 22nd to view He Named Me Malala. Students were inspired by Malala’s story and have begun talking about ways to affect change in our own community.
- Our counseling team, along with 8th grade volunteers who are working toward their graduation requirement of community service, worked with K-Lo staff and volunteers to run the K-Lo Food Pantry on September 30th.
- Some of our 8th grade leaders worked with Mr. Perry to present the Counseling Team drop-box and drop-in services during the various grade level town halls throughout the month.
Photo: Betsy Rivas-Rosado (8th Grade) Volunteering at the K-Lo Food Pantry