The Move to 100 Putnam Ave.
This has certainly been a busy few weeks for 8th graders! We had a very smooth transition into the new building and students have been enjoying getting to know their new space.
A few reminders:
- Food is not allowed outside of the cafeteria.
- Students who bring lunch must lock it in their locker until lunch time.
- Students who would like to come in before school to work with a teacher must set up a plan with that teacher and will be met outside the main office and escorted upstairs.
- Morning tutoring has restarted. Students who are coming for tutoring on Thursdays must meet a teacher outside the main office at 7:55AM.
The 8th Grade Team would like to remind families that students should be working on Portfolio at home. All documents are available in the Google Classroom entitled “8th grade Announcements.” At this point students should have completed:
- “I Wish” Voice Thread (Identity Project)
- Good Life Questionnaire
- Career Survey
- College Research Outline
- Parts I and II of Vision for the Future Essay
- 1st Draft of Core Value Essays
After much consideration we have decided not to move forward with the previously discussed end-of-year trips (Pennsylvania, New York, DC). We are continuing to look into some less expensive overnight options as well as a series of day trips. We will keep you all updated as these plans move forward.