September has been a busy month for the Putnam Avenue counseling team! Here’s just a sampling of what we’ve been up to:
- We’ve welcomed a new team member, Joanne Edouard, as our guidance counselor. Paige Zorniger, a CAS school counseling intern from Harvard University is also joining us this year. We are excited to have them both on the team to provide additional support for our students.
- We provided a week of community building for our Advisories in order to help all of our students feel significant, like they belong, and have some fun!
- The Weekend Backpack program has returned to Putnam Avenue and we’ve been preparing to send home meals with our students starting the first Friday in October. If you haven’t signed up yet, please contact Fergie Wheeler.
- We are working with the folks at the MLK School to ensure that Putnam Avenue families have access to the Food for Free program. The first one will be on October 7th, 2016 from 3-5PM. Again, please contact Fergie Wheeler if you have any questions.
- Our drop-in hours have been developed so that students, no matter what their struggle, can access one of the counselors without an appointment.
- The drop-boxes have been hung on each floor so that students can leave
us notes about their concerns.
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Joanne Edouard, Guidance Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617.349.7780 x2209
Matt Perry, School Adjustment Counselor, email@example.com, 617.349.7780 x2210
Fergie Wheeler, School Adjustment Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617.349.7780 x2213
Paige Zorniger, Counseling Intern, email@example.com, 617.349.7780 x2213