After the Thanksgiving holiday, the 7th grade launched a “restart” of the year as a way of addressing areas for improvement in our community. At a town hall, the three major focuses were identified for both students and teachers.
After identifying these areas of focus at the town hall, the administration, teachers, our school resource officer and counselors led a series of eight workshops for the students. The topics for these workshops were:
- Resolving conflict in productive ways
- Utilizing counseling resources effectively
- Using kind words to build positive community
- Taking ownership of your actions
- Strategies for work completion
- Appropriate use of social media
- Respecting another’s physical boundaries
- Classroom routines and procedures.
These workshops were highly productive and allowed students to provide constructive feedback to the 7th grade teachers while also focusing on how we can continue to improve as a 7th grade community.