In an effort to sponsor students for the end of the year 8th grade trip Putnam Ave is partnering with East House in their Penny Campaign. We are asking members of our community to collect and bring in their spare change. We will have collection boxes in each advisory and East End House will match our collection up to $500! Please consider helping our community!
The 8th grade trip is to Amish Country and Hershey, Pennsylvania. It is 3 days, 2 nights, and open to all 8th grade students. We visit the Amish Farm and House where students learn about the Amish lifestyle, visit a schoolhouse, and engage in other activities of Amish life. During a ride on the Strasburg Railroad students catch a glimpse of the tranquil Amish countryside from Ronks to Paradise, PA and back. We spend nearly a whole day enjoying Hershey Park, with a final stop on the way home at the Green Dragon Flea Market where students can purchase authentic Amish goods.
Grade 8 Important Dates
The end of the year is fast approaching. Portfolio writing and collection of artifacts are complete and we’re getting ready for Portfolio Panels during the first week of June. Here are many dates to be mindful of:
- May 29: First draft of research editorials are due; cap and gown payment due
- June 1-5: Portfolio Presentations
- June 12: Research Editorial due
- June 10 - 12: 8th Grade Pennsylvania Trip
- June 15: Social studies field trip to see “Nine Who Dared”
- June 23: Graduation Dress Rehearsal/Awards Ceremony/Portfolio Showcase
- June 24: GRADUATION 3PM (Early Release)
- June 25: Last Day of School